« Home | Death Cab, 2; Franz, 1 » | Diamonds are for losers » | Some spring cleaning » | Giggles at the Dollar Store » | You can't go home, the night is young, I'm blackin... » | The weekend I relaxed » | Happy birthday to me (3 days ago) » | 31 is fun » | Birthday plans for Bex » | A Birthday Present! »

My mail carrier can go directly to hell

As I said in an earlier post, The Hub and I suspect that our mail carrier is slacking on the job. We've noticed in the past few months that we'll go days without getting anything in the mail, then we'll get a whole whack of stuff in one day. Very strange.

I checked our mailbox on Tuesday, and have been so busy this week I forgot to check the rest of the week. Hub said he checked this morning, and there was nothing. NOTHING in three days? Then he went and checked again around 5pm and there were a couple of things there. Hmmm.

Our mail carrier also doesn't show up at a regular time - when we first moved in, our mail usually arrived by 11am. Now it's freaking all over the place, sometimes 10am, sometimes never!

Note the dedication this mail carrier displays in getting the mail out. Something my mail carrier couldn't give a crap about, evidently.

As a sidenote, I'm super pissed now because I didn't get my freaking census form last week! I wanted to count myself in! I tried to call the Census to get a form or find out how I could be counted, but I haven't been able to get through. I can't help but think that my lazy-ass mail carrier is somehow responsible!

I'm now keeping a list of what arrives when, and I'm going to be noting postmarks on my mail and checking with my neighbours. She better get off her ass and start doing her job right, 'cuz Bex is on her tail! And she better hope she isn't delivering the mail when I show up at the mailbox with my shitkickers on and Chauncey Jackson at my side!

The last line about shitkickers and Chauncey Jackson....pure brilliance. That was beautiful!

What a pain!

I'm with Charlene. I laughed out loud. And then I had to share it.

Jim would be very ashamed of your postie. I am very ashamed of your postie.

Yeah, I was feeling pretty ranty on this one. I'm still really mad about the census.

Carly, I kept thinking about Jim while I was writing this post. I'm sooo jealous. Everytime you talk about him I want to give him a big hug!

After hearing this, I think next time I see him, I'll do just that.

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Post a Comment