« Home | The weekend I relaxed » | Happy birthday to me (3 days ago) » | 31 is fun » | Birthday plans for Bex » | A Birthday Present! » | Happy Birthday Cuz! » | Five Guilty Pleasures » | Thanks » | And because I'll be busy over the next few days... » | Bad news »

You can't go home, the night is young, I'm blacking out, but it's been fun



Okay, boys and girls, here's my review of the We are Scientists show last night. (Yes, that's a link to their site. Check it out. Seriously.)

As Carly said in her review, we were like giddy schoolgirls all the way downtown to the Red Room where the show was happening. Listening to the album on my iPod in the car, we debated whether the show would measure up to our expectations, and agreed that there was no way a band this good could fail. And to our utter delight, it became our Vance Hotel of shows!

I was the photographer for the night, and unfortunately didn't get many good shots. Pretty hard to get good photography when you're rocking out, I guess.

This was my first show in such a small venue, unless you count some band I couldn't even tell you the name of about 10 years ago at the Roxy. But I don't count that. This was so fun, and was just what I'd always imagined when I heard the words "intimate setting" to describe a show.

The guys in the band were charming, charismatic, and funny. And cute. I've always been a sucker for the lead singer types, (I did almost marry the lead singer of a band, although it was the lead singer of Precious Blood!) and this was no exception, because Keith Murray is a freakin' babe! Any guy that can throw the phrase "oh, snap!" into a conversation is special in my book. (After he said it, I turned around to Carly and said, "Did he just say, 'oh, snap'?" and she was already laughing and could only nod the affirmative.)

The music was just as we'd hoped. As Carly said at one point, "This is a three-piece band!" and seriously, you don't expect a sound that good from just three dorky looking guys! We heard every song on the album (and props to Carly who called the first song, "This Scene is Dead" when we were trying to guess which one they would open with beforehand.) They were truly awesome, they rocked, and they made for a great night.

Now how will we survive until the Sasquatch Fest in May??

Ah. We Are Scientists. And by we, I mean you and me.

I miss them.

Post a Comment