« Home | Five Guilty Pleasures » | Thanks » | And because I'll be busy over the next few days... » | Bad news » | The results are in » | Today is a big day! » | Because I'm a big loser » | Conversations with a three-year-old » | Into the dustbin of history » | A great new way to wake my lazy ass up »

Happy Birthday Cuz!

My cousin Joanne and I were born exactly one week apart. She and I were inseperable as kids, until her family moved to another province when we were five. She was always my favourite cousin, and it was so exciting when they came to visit, or when we went to their house. She was even the one who taught me how to wear a bra!

Anyway, over the years we lost touch, although I knew it wasn't forever. Then about two years ago I had to go to Calgary on a business trip and decided to look her up. She met me for a few drinks at a pub near my hotel, and we sat there chatting and catching up for nearly six hours! It was a great night, and I literally went to bed giddy! And we've managed to keep in touch ever since.

And today is her birthday! Happy birthday Jo! I love you lots!


Here we are as babies - aren't we adorable?




Circa 1977 - we even dressed the same!


Seriously, I'm not kidding!


At my fifth birthday party - *ahem* a week after hers!

Happy Birthday Jo!

Almost Happy Birthday Bex :)

That picture of you two in the overalls is SO cute!

That's so sweet. My cousins are all wayyy older than me. But I have a few my 3 oldest friends that I try to get together with once in a while and keep in touch so kind of the same deal.

I apparently can't type today either. I should pay more attention when watching Rolie Polie Olie, I might learn a thing or two.

thanks bec your mom sent me that picture of us in the car seats i have one of us when we are about 5 doing ballet p.s happy birthday to you to soon

Post a Comment