« Home | The results are in » | Today is a big day! » | Because I'm a big loser » | Conversations with a three-year-old » | Into the dustbin of history » | A great new way to wake my lazy ass up » | Top 10 Reasons Why I'll Never Be a Cowboy » | Now my iPod's not naked » | Feeling bookish » | The Good Blonde »

Bad news



My auntie Rita has been suffering with breast cancer for a couple of years now. Today she got the bad news that she has between 3 weeks and 3 months to live. This is just two years after we lost my Grandad (her father) to cancer as well.

She has two kids, age 7 and 5, and the nicest husband you could ever meet. I don't know what else to say. I'm feeling a little melancholy now...

That's awful, Bex. I'm so sorry. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

that's horrible. *comfort*

Wow, Bex...that is awful. I'll be thinking of you and your family.

A big *hug* to you, and even though I don't know your Aunt or her family give them an extra one from me.

hey beck please let everyone know to go to the Breast cancer wwb site and click on the ribbon

My sympathies. A very sad thing.

Here's the site to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation:

http://www.cbcf.org/

(Is that the one you were thinking of, Jo?)

Sorry Joanne, I just got your email - here's the link:

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CTDSites

It looks as if for every click, there are sponsors that will fund free mammograms for women who can't afford it.

I just also wanted to say, that cancer touches so many lives nowadays, that it seems no one will escape it, whether you know someone or whether it will be you. I hate to sound like I'm blowing the "breast cancer awareness" horn here, because there are so many issues that need attention, but this is one that has really gotten me thinking. And now that I'm about to lose someone I love, and after having followed her story of trying to fight it but still find that balance for quality of life, it really has me freaked out.

(When will they find a freaking cure???)

I'm so so so sorry, Bex. :(

I've been there- I remember when my mom was given less than 6 months. It's rough.

I know that there isn't really anything I can do, but if by some chance you think of anything... I'm pretty much always near the computer.

Oh shit. That's so sad. I'm so sorry.

that's horrible. i'll be keeping your auntie rita and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Post a Comment