« Home | 2005: A Big Blank Space in the Timeline of Life » | Merry Christmas to me! » | Jingle Jingle! » | Love Angel Music BABY! » | Them newfangled things called "doors" » | Let's not talk about me, let's talk about you - wh... » | I shred, I'm shredding, I shredded » | Pretty ballerina, now she's the queen of the danci... » | Make yourself heard » | What I need »

The Good Blonde



I love Pamela Anderson. She seems to get how she is seen in the celebrity world, and she runs with it. She doesn't pretend to be something she isn't, and has fun with what she is. She plays the dumb role, but you can tell she isn't dumb.

I didn't always like her. I was very skeptical about her until I saw her on Jay Leno after she split with Tommy Lee. He asked her, "Do you think there's any chance you'll reconcile?" and she paused, then teared up and shook her head. Jay offered her a tissue, and she didn't say anything for a moment. I could relate, because everybody has dated a loser at some point, and even when you break up, it can still be tough. She suddenly seemed "real" to me after that.

I also read her advice column a few times in Flare magazine, and I thought her advice was actually good. She seemed really honest and didn't try to sound like an expert on anything.

And I also think it's really cool that she came to the Grey Cup and was Grand Marshall in the parade in Vancouver.


Paris Hilton, on the other hand, makes me want to puke. She is stupid. Anytime she opens her mouth my head hurts from what comes out.

So naturally it made me laugh, when I read this story in Uncle John's Bathroom Reader (Hubs gets one for Christmas every year from my mom and it is our sole reading entertainment for weeks after the holidays):

While dining at a fancy restaurant with Pamela Anderson, Hilton threw a temper tantrum when handed the menu. "I hate reading! Someone tell me what's on the menu!" Anderson told the story to GQ magazine, concluding, "I'm blonde, too. But c'mon."

Here,here!

I also shamelessly like Pamela Anderson. I liked her show "stacked" a lot. It waas amusing. I can't say I've ever heard Paris Hilton say anything, because I tend to change the channel if she appears on it.

I too, love Pamela Anderson, but you knew that. I *LOVED* Stripella. I have one piece of advice, though. Don't try to carry your warm, fuzzy feelings too far. Leave her book alone. Don't even pick it up. It blows and may seriously affect how you think of her. Do not read her book.

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

for those of you wondering abuot stacked, it comes back in the US on Thursday. 1/4/06. Not so sure about the canadian schedule.

I never saw Stacked, although I heard it was good (life without cable) but I LOVED V.I.P. I thought it was hilarious and I loved her character. And needless to say Hubby always agreed to watch it with me.

Carly, I can't tell you how many times I've had her book in my hand at the store, ready to buy it but I just haven't done it. Thanks for the tip. That makes me sad.

Post a Comment