« Home | I shred, I'm shredding, I shredded » | Pretty ballerina, now she's the queen of the danci... » | Make yourself heard » | What I need » | Christmas light discrimination » | Beautiful Boy » | For the love of women » | (Sigh).... » | Filling some blog space while I'm busy » | She's all grows up »

Let's not talk about me, let's talk about you - what do you like about me?

I got tagged by Carly (visit her new blog here,) so here's my response:

Five things about me that most people don't know:



1. I love breakfast. I'm never up in time for it, and when I am, I'm too tired to make the effort to make good breakfast food. When I was single, Dawn and I used to wake up on the weekends at 1pm and go out to an all-day breakfast place in our pajamas. It was great. I'll eat breakfast food anytime, day or night. I love pancakes, hashbrowns, scrambled eggs, english muffins, toast with butter or jam, fruit, and I especially love egg and cheese on an english muffin. Yum. I used to love bacon and sausages too, but...



2. I've decided I'm not eating pork anymore. I think pigs are disgusting, gross animals and I can't enjoy eating pork. I decided this after reading a story in Uncle John's Bathroom Reader where a woman was using an outhouse in India and was freaked out because there was a pig's snout rooting around under the outhouse - there were pigs under there eating whatever came down the chute! EW!! Then a few days later I was watching Hannibal with Hubby and saw the scene where Verger was planning to feed Hannibal to the pigs, which of course reminded me of the Pickton pig farm case, and, well, let's just say I'm not into pork anymore.



3. The best advice I ever got - ever - was from a nurse in the hospital when I had Devon. She told me to always take care of myself first, because I wouldn't be able to take care of anyone else unless I took care of me. That has proven soooo true in so many ways.



4. I have a weird thing about toilet paper in public washrooms. I can't bear the thought of using the couple of inches hanging down from the roll, so I always tear a couple of squares off and throw them away before taking some for myself. I can't stand the thought of someone else's grubby hands touching those first few inches and then using it on my intimate areas!



5. I hate beer. I hate the smell of it, the look of it, and the taste of it. I even hate talking to people who have been drinking it because their breath smells like it and it makes me gag. And people always recommend beers to me and say, "It's really good - even people who hate beer love it!" and inevitably I end up hating that beer, too. (I defy anyone to recommend a beer I will like!)

I've never even thought of that. Wow. I already knew that. As I did the beer and pork, but I had yet to hear the other two. Thanks for sharing! See you tomorrow!

Oh, and thanks for being the only bloody one who's updated my link!

Wow, I'm amazed at how many people have told me they do the toilet paper thing. I suspected it to be true when I noticed that in some bathrooms, you walk in and see reams of toilet paper on the floor (I guess some people do the same thing but aren't smart enough to toss it in the toilet rather than on the floor like slobs??)

I never thought about that toilet paper thing, but now that you brought it to my attention, I'll be doing the same thing. Public restrooms are kind of gross anyway!

I always tear off the first bit to cover the toilet seat (because I could never directly sit on a public toilet seat...and I'm not coordinated enough to hover...)

I didn't know about your pork thing, but after I read this I saw the Company's Coming cookbook "the Pork Book" and thought how disgusted you would be. :)

Post a Comment