« Home | For the love of women » | (Sigh).... » | Filling some blog space while I'm busy » | She's all grows up » | Other side of Sunday » | My life in concert » | The little ballerina » | Heh, heh...you said "bum" » | Never let me down » | Black Celebration »

Beautiful Boy

Six years ago on December 6, I became a mom.



23 hours after my water broke, after 6 hours of unsupported agony, an epidural that gave me two hours of sleep and then two hours of pushing, I had a beautiful baby boy.

He came into the world with a little cry, then he just quietly observed everything around him for the rest of his first day. And he hasn't changed much since.



Happy birthday little son!

He looks so adorable! And you look so young!

Happy Birthday Dev!

Awww:)
Happy Birthday,Little Man!

Waaaa! That got me choked up!! I remember being in Victoria and Aunty Peggy emailed me that first picture with his eyes open. I can't believe he is six. He was such a great baby. (PS - I had no idea you pushed for 2 hours. Yikes.)

Happy Brithday Devon!!

He had a great day. Had cupcakes at school, I took him out for lunch, and he spent a lot of time playing with his new Millenium Falcon. I let him stay up a little later to watch his new Star Wars/Clone Wars cartoon (yeah, they have a cartoon too!)

Shelley left a message belting out "Happy Birthday." I let him listen to it, and he was giggling at it. Then mom and dad called and started singing, and he turned to me and said, "Ugh, again?!"

He is so funny!

Oh yeah, and now that I think about it I think I only pushed for an hour. I don't remember, although I have it all written down somewhere. It WAS six years ago, after all...

I can't believe how wide-eyed he is in that picture!
Happy belated birthday, Devon!

That is my favourite picture of him after he was born. He was only about 2 hours old. He looked so alert, but calm, too, almost like he was saying, "Hey, what's up. Well, I'm here."

Oh I just saw this post!

Happy Birthday!!

Do you still have the video of his first day in the hospital? I would like to see it again.

Post a Comment