« Home | Other side of Sunday » | My life in concert » | The little ballerina » | Heh, heh...you said "bum" » | Never let me down » | Black Celebration » | Digits at the grocery store » | Woo hoo! Let the holidays begin! » | Now I'm a restaurant reviewer » | Birds of a feather »

She's all grows up



My great-grandma turned 103 last Wednesday.

Here's what my mom's cousin had to say about Great-Grandma's big day:

After she layed down for a nap, she woke up and called for Aunt Darlene.
Aunt Darlene didn't hear her calling, so gramma got out of bed by herself and got into her wheelchair.
Linda was on her way down the hall and saw Gramma rolling herself out of the bedroom. Gramma was a little annoyed and turned her nose up in the air when Aunt Darlene asked her what was wrong.
She was great today. Sitting alert, sipping her tea and eating her dainties.
The staff says she is doing so well because she eats so well.
I was amazed at how well she is doing.
If only she'd use a darn hearing aid. LOL


I love it! Happy Birthday Great-Grandma!

Happy Birthday!!

That's awesome. Gee, I remember back when she turned 100.

Ahem, I spy a spelling mistake. Isn't that supposed to be an N in your title?

(That was a joke for all who didn't know. Bex:
Remember how up in arms everyone was about that on my birthday invitations?)

Amy: It's a quote from Swingers and when I used it on my borthday invitations last year, everyone pointed out what they thought was a spelling error. In truth, it was the correct line, just no one got it.

I love that quote so much but no one freakin' gets it! Maybe this is just another one of those "you and me" things, Carly.

That debacle with your "borthday" invitations, as you call them, was hilarious. The printers even held up printing because they thought it was a spelling error!

Well, as they say in the "copywriting world", if it's not something everyone is going to get, it's probably not the best choice of words. Screw all that. I say it's a way of weeding out people who know Swingers and those who don't!

Post a Comment