« Home | The Keys to My Heart » | Return of the Ring » | Comment anxiety » | Candy, candy! » | Oh, my bleeding heart » | Holy hell! How did that get there?! » | Does Janet Jackson have a secret daughter? » | Unemployed bums » | Men I Once Dated, Part 2 » | Men I Once Dated »

Birds of a feather

I've been spending a lot of time lately reading random posts on the Vancouver section of craigslist.org . Some of the stuff people write is so funny, I laugh out loud and then spend hours reading more, then I realize it's 3am and I'm a complete loser, and go to bed feeling sorry for myself because I'm going to be tired the next day, and geez, why didn't I just go to bed earlier, I have so much to do...

Anyway, I found this post today, and it made me laugh because this girl sounds like my kind of woman. Not sure if I would really want to dress up like a skank do the club thing, but I love her style! I think it's kinda sad that her married friends don't want to go out. Definately my biggest peeve about married women. (And who would want lefty hippies for friends anyway?)


Wanted: Catty Bitches - w4w - 25

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to:
Date: 2005-11-03, 3:49PM PST


I'm looking for a woman or women who is/are interested in ripping it up on the town some night. All my girlfriends are either a) married b) lefty hippies or c) both of the above. I seem to have run out of cute girls to go cavorting with! And frankly, cavorting alone is just not that much fun.

Thing is, I'm not really a club girl. I'm usually pretty content to relax with the friends I do have over dinner, drinks, talk about good books, see interesting films, talk politics and contemplate life in general.

But every month or two I get the urge to put on something short and tight, with a tad too much makeup and some painfully high heels and go perch myself at a bar somewhere while I talk smack with my girls about the skanks across the room (pot, kettle, black, yes I get it), consume more Martinis than socially acceptable - perferably paid for by someone tall, dark and handsome (more likely paid for by Mr. Mastercard) - followed by shaking my groove thang and maybe collecting a few phone numbers before pouring myself into a cab and going home (alone!) to pass out and wake up wondering why the hell I do this to myself.

I repeat: this is not my entire life - but it's fun to go out and play club-girl every now and again. I suppose I could find a set of club-hoppers to run around with, but it'd be nice to have some intelligent conversation and maybe hang out outside of painting the town red too.

So if you and/or your girlfriends are between 23-30 and interested in getting a little Drrrrrty, Xtina style without a) thinking you're contributing to the downfall of feminism or b) thinking being Drrrrty, Xtina style is an acceptable lifestyle choice, then drop me a line!

I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go!

I honestly got a little weepy while Bex read this to me on the phone. She's pretty well in already.

This is great, I can't believe she wrote Xtina. What are you? 15?

You did, didn't you Dex??

It is so nice to know there are others out there like us.

Okay I emailed her. We'll see what happens now!

I said to Hub the other night that this feels like Internet dating - well, it actually is in a way. If I end up meeting up with this girl, and it doesn't go so well, then I have to do the break-up, and I hate being on the "dumper" end. It's so awkward, and I hate awkward.

I have the same thoughts as I would with a date - what if she is lame? what if she is a drama queen? what if she doesn't like me? (gasp!) Ha.

I like it. I'm in.

Post a Comment