« Home | Men I Once Dated, Part 2 » | Men I Once Dated » | When you don't have cable, you gotta have something » | Late-night losers » | When what's lost is found » | The family's altogether for Thanksgiving » | I need some Gwen! » | But it's for work... » | It's here! » | Mopeds, scooters, they're all the same, just anoth... »

Unemployed bums

I didn't post this gem earlier because I couldn't remember if I'd given the URL of my blog to my mother-in-law, and we didn't want her to know about this yet. If she did, I'm sure tears and stress would have been involved, and not from Hubby or me. But now that the cat is out of the bag, and Hubby is gainfully employed, I'm posting it.

(Note to my mother-in-law: You know I love you. But it was for your own good.)

And hey, it was kind of fun sitting around for two weeks, neither of us employed. We had some fun times!

*******************************************

After a great night out to see Audioslave and out for a few drinks afterward, I got home at 3am and had a few precious hours of sleep before Hubby took Devon to school in the morning and Camryn woke me up. I was laying on the couch half-asleep when Hubby came in and said, "I have something important to tell you."

Aw, geez. The phrase no one wants to hear.

He settled back in the chair and looked at me with a nervous smile and said, "I got fired yesterday."

Wow. Let's review, you guys...my last day of work, Hubby fired...same day. Yup.

I won't go into the details of why he was fired, because frankly I have always throught his boss was an ass anyway and now I have nothing nice to say at all. Thankfully Hubby is a resourceful guy and he already has a few offers on the table, so hopefully it won't be long before we're back on track.

And since he was hired as an "independent contractor" (even though he was treated as an employee, basically a way for the boss to avoid paying employee benefits, etc.) we aren't eligible for EI or severance. Nice.

But I am sooo happy this has happened overall. I have wanted him to leave this company for a long while, and now it's happening. Now we are looking at some exciting possibilities, and he has the opportunity to do something that he loves, something totally new. I'm excited to see what the future will bring.

I've worked so little lately that I feel like I'm unemployed! Now if only I had someone to keep me company, it'd be perfect!

Good luck Bex's hubby :)

Now that you're unemployed Bex you can double the work you do around the house. Oh wait, zero multiplied by anything is still zero.

You know you didn't marry me for my domestic skills anyway, "snoop hubb".

Post a Comment