« Home | But it's for work... » | It's here! » | Mopeds, scooters, they're all the same, just anoth... » | Feel the rhythm with your hands, steal the rhythm ... » | Laminated card and backup? » | My - What A Happy Day! » | The blog is in transition » | General, nonsensical, wandering thoughts » | You said it, little sister » | Adventures with Ron Mexico »

I need some Gwen!



I haven't loaded a lot of my CDs onto iTunes, but since I got my iPod I have been adding them on. But I went to put Gwen's L.A.M.B. album on, and my whole CD is scratched to the point where most of the songs aren't listenable! The only ones that don't skip are "What You Waiting For", "Hollaback Girl", and "Rich Girl." I kept "Cool" on there, but it has a few skips in it too.

The thing that bugs me is that the reason it is like this is because Hubby tends to toss CDs into the compartment thingie in the car and not into the CD case where they won't get scratched. He also leaves DVDs and CDs on the floor by the player in the living room where the kids end up handling them, and no matter how many times I tell him to put them away properly, he is too lazy to do it!

I need my Gwen on my iPod but don't want to pay for these songs all over again! Ugh!

So that's what happened to that Jamiroquai CD? It just froze my computer (for only the 2nd time in 3 years) and won't play. Do you mean to tell me I have A to blame?

Carly - your CD was in the bag the whole time, we never played it, so I don't know! That is really weird! I hope it isn't ruined.

Amy, I have a picture I took this morning of the DVDs we rented strewn around the floor from last night. I'm going to start a collection!

Courtney - done! ;)

Yeah, it's shot. I chucked it.

I've been meaning to email you some songs too. Maybe tomorrow I'll remember.

You are very critical of your husband - you're lucky he doesn't leave you for someone who isn't so rude.

Hmmm, "Anonymous," I wonder who YOU are...

Wow.

Do you ever think that music's lost a bit of it's value because we're so readily able to acces it? I've been pondering this for a while. Remember when you used to sit and listen to the radio for hours so that you could hear the song you love and when you did it was a total rush and the high point of your day? Now, I hear a song I like, say Golddigger by Kanye West and I come home, it takes me 10 seconds to get to The Music Store and buy it and listen to it two or three times, then never again. Do't get me wrong, I love the technology, but I do think it's lost a little of it's magic. Are you hearing me? Maybe I'll blog it.

Absolutely agree. I noticed that even when I was 10 years old and was taping songs from the radio. I'd listen to them over and over and then they'd lose their "magic." But now it's even more so because it's way more accessible. Even a song you didn't know the name of or the artist, you can google a few lines from the song and find out, download and listen.

Good blog topic. I'll look for it on your blog!

Post a Comment