« Home | It's here! » | Mopeds, scooters, they're all the same, just anoth... » | Feel the rhythm with your hands, steal the rhythm ... » | Laminated card and backup? » | My - What A Happy Day! » | The blog is in transition » | General, nonsensical, wandering thoughts » | You said it, little sister » | Adventures with Ron Mexico » | Top Ten Reasons Why I'll Miss My Job »

But it's for work...

I admit I've been neglecting my blog lately, I've had a lot going on and let's be honest, I haven't been too creative as of late, and I'm a bit dry on ideas. Actually that's a lie, because I have another "Men I have dated" entry, but I have to dig through some old pictures in my garage and I'm too lazy to do it. But maybe that's what I'll do tomorrow since my calandar is totally clear for tomorrow.

Since I quit my job and I'm back on the freelance scene, I have been thinking of ways to spruce up my website for my freelance writing business, and I've decided to add a blog where I will talk about advertising/marketing/copy-related topics. I thought it would be a good way to keep clients and other people coming back to check for new content and to show that I'm halfway competent.

So my web guy came over yesterday and explained this whole blogging thing to me, and holy crap, you guys, there is some actual strategy behind all this! Geez! I could actually get business from my website if I add this blog, so it's actually a good business move!

Months ago I subscribed to the monthly/weekly email from this website, Wordbiz and almost all the emails were about corporate blogs and how to make them effective. I didn't think it applied to me as a freelancer, and considered cancelling the subscription. But after talking to my web guy yesterday, holy crap, I'm going to be looking at the site more frequently and looking forward to Debbie Weil's emails! Geez, how could I have been so dim?

Now Hubby can quit whining about me being on the computer writing stuff for my blog. Now I have the ultimate excuse. And I can blog all I want! Bwahahahaha!!

Tell me more about this strategy. I want to hear more.

Thanks Bex. Go for it!!

Debbie Weil

Post a Comment