« Home | Sleepless for Seattle » | Wannabe English » | Happy Birthday Hubby! » | The Importance of Being Idle » | She's coming! She's coming! » | More me, me, me » | I'm a whore for home decor » | I got an article published online! » | Parenting isn't for wussies » | Soap opera/stripper name »

Top Ten Reasons Why I'll Miss My Job

My contract at my job is up, and I decided not to continue and instead go back to freelancing and being here for my kids. It's a tough decision. I still doubt it some days. But alas, my last day is Sept. 29.

So in honour of my leaving, here are a few things I will miss about my job:

10. Getting up, having a shower, doing my hair and putting on makeup before 8am. (Believe it or not.)
9. Listening to the Jeff O'Neil show on the Fox during my morning commute.
8. Scouting the building for any male specimen over a 7.
7. Having a day where I feel like I'm a part of something.
6. Not getting the chance to wear the mascot costume.
5. Sitting in meetings and goofing off and laughing.
4. Making fun of the advertising manager for loving hockey so much.
3. Writing fun stuff.
2. The cafeteria food - the roasted cornish game hen, blackened cajun tuna, and the stir fry with shanghai sauce particularly.
1. My manager chanting, "We're here, We're queer, we're not going away!" when suggesting what I should write for some teaser ads for a Grand Opening. (Still laughing over that, maybe you had to be there..)

I was wondering if you were going to stick around. Now I know.

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

That doesn't sound like cafeteria food to me! I'd miss that too!

Post a Comment