« Home | Top Ten Reasons Why I'll Miss My Job » | Sleepless for Seattle » | Wannabe English » | Happy Birthday Hubby! » | The Importance of Being Idle » | She's coming! She's coming! » | More me, me, me » | I'm a whore for home decor » | I got an article published online! » | Parenting isn't for wussies »

Adventures with Ron Mexico

In honour of Carly and our trip to Seattle last weekend (which I will get around to posting about later) this post will be all about Michael Vick, aka Ron Mexico.

For those not in the know, Michael Vick is the quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons, whose #7 jersey I agreed to wear to the Seahawks game on Sunday and hence had to slink out of the stadium after a score of 21-18, and even had to bear the humiliation of two skinny Seahawks snitches making fun of me behind my back (more about that in an upcoming post!)

Anyway, the story is that Michael Vick contracted herpes, and when he went to be tested/treated at a clinic, he went under the pseudonym "Ron Mexico."

First, I have to post this hilarious bit that Carly sent me via email that I could not stop laughing at:

Nobody wants to use Michael Vick's chapstick

Falcons quarterback Michael Vick can't seem to find a single teammate who wants to borrow his chapstick.

"I can't explain it. It has UV protection and everything," said Vick. "It's perfect to wear during a hot day of training camp out in the sun."

Vick said he thinks he can remember some teammates accepting his offer of chapstick when he's asked in the past. But this year it's different.

"Dude, you must be out of your f*king mind to think I'm going to rub anything on my lips that have touched yours," said lineman Patrick Kerney. "Ask me that again and I'll knock you out. And I've already applied chapstick today, thank you very much."

The reaction has been similar among most Falcons.

"He asked me the other day if I wanted some as we were walking out of the locker room," said running back T.J. Duckett. "I looked at him like: 'Brother, you crazy!' Like I want his nasty chapstick. If I'm going to get herpes it's going to be from a girl, not from my quarterback."


Okay, now that I've caught my breath and can sit in my chair straight again, here's another little tidbit from MSN that proves Carly and I aren't the only ones who love the Ron Mexico moniker:

ATLANTA - The NFL doesn’t want Ron Mexico to play for the Falcons.

Since that name was listed as an alias for Atlanta quarterback Michael Vick in a lawsuit filed last month, people have gone to the NFL’s online store to order Vick’s No. 7 replica jersey with a personalized “MEXICO” on the back.

But fans trying to order the customized jersey now get this message: “The personalization entered cannot be accepted.”


Hmph, sounds like the NFL needs to get a sense of humour.

And can I just say how much I love the name "Ron Mexico?" Can that get any sexier? I mean, herpes aside and all, I think I might just start to dig Mike Vick because he uses the pseudonym "Ron Mexico" for cryin' out loud! Geez!

Not to mention that rumours were swirling about whether he was gay, and when asked by an Atlanta radio station, he answered, "I won't even feed into that . . . Everybody who knows me, knows how I get down..."

Hellooooo?! That is so hot!

Anyway, here's to Ron Mexico...and to Carly, here's to you!

Boo-yah!

You're right Bex, that photo is hot. So hot, in fact that in shock I just clicked the X and closed the window because I couldn't take it! OMG! Move over Jimmy Fallon, you can take your skinny ass elsewhere! That's what you get for not coming to my birthday.

You forgot to mention that the reason the whole herpes issue came out at all was that he was sued by a woman who claimed he knowingly gave her the infection. Whatever. (You can read all about it at thesmokinggun.com )

And your whole take on the Ron Mexico thing opened up a whole new appreciation of him for me. You're right that is sexy. Dead sexy. Mmmmm....

...Everybody who knows me knows how I get down.

That is the best quote ever.

Post a Comment