« Home | I need some Gwen! » | But it's for work... » | It's here! » | Mopeds, scooters, they're all the same, just anoth... » | Feel the rhythm with your hands, steal the rhythm ... » | Laminated card and backup? » | My - What A Happy Day! » | The blog is in transition » | General, nonsensical, wandering thoughts » | You said it, little sister »

The family's altogether for Thanksgiving















Canadian Thanksgiving today, and a weird one at that.

No turkey dinner for us today. I didn't feel like cooking one, and pretty much everyone we know has either already had theirs or is having one with their family today. My mom normally does one, but decided to do it next week instead so the whole family could be there.

So here we sit. The kids are playing, Hubby is watching "Some Kind of Monster" the Metallica documentary on DVD. And I'm here blogging. It's been pouring rain all day. Nothing quite like family togetherness to make us all thankful.

Actually, here are some things I'm thankful for:

-Hubby - for kicking my ass in Scrabble and being nice about it;
-Kids - a son who will watch Star Wars with me (so I can enjoy Hayden Christensen) anytime, a daughter who will sing dumb songs with me;
-my friends, especially for not caring when I invite myself over at a moment's notice, or for dinner (hee);
-my family, because they all dig Christmas as much as I do;
-Food - particularly chocolate covered almonds;
-Canada, for letting me live a free life and beautiful scenery;
-my iPod, Ginger, just for being herself.

I think I'm going to go up for a nap.

Ginger? Where'd you get that from?

Amy, you crack me up!

I named my iPod Ginger. When you do the setup it asks you to name it, (the default name is "User's iPod" or something like that) so I just decided to name her Ginger. It's the name I used to use at bars when I met guys and didn't want to give my real name yet. My friends and I each had a "bar name" that we used with guys before we knew them well enough to give our real names.

Funny, today I'm craving turkey. My SIL lives in Idaho, and we've always thought about going for Thanksgiving there, but so far haven't.

It's so weird to hear ya'll talk about Thanksgiving. But I'll have my chance. Not that I'm doing anything.

I just named mine User's Name's iPod. Clay called his Claypod. Maybe I should rename.

That doc is supposed to be qutie good. What did AV think?

I'm catching up on all the blogs I read this morning. It's my way of putting off cleaning my place and packing.

Have fun at your turkey dinner this weekend!

The documentary is the Hub's new favourite. He bought it. It's pretty good, I really liked it and I gained a new respect for Metallica, but I don't watch pieces of it every other night like he does.

You are so critical of him. You ARE lucky he doesn't leave your ass!

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment