« Home | Holy hell! How did that get there?! » | Does Janet Jackson have a secret daughter? » | Unemployed bums » | Men I Once Dated, Part 2 » | Men I Once Dated » | When you don't have cable, you gotta have something » | Late-night losers » | When what's lost is found » | The family's altogether for Thanksgiving » | I need some Gwen! »

Oh, my bleeding heart

Remember in "101 Things About Me" when I said I felt a little sad whenever I heard that an American company has bought a Canadian one? This one particularly hurts. I don't know what it is about Hudson's Bay Company, but it has always made me feel pretty Canadian. Now...although nothing will essentially change except for ownership, it will feel different to me.

I get globalization and all that, but geez, Canada, can't we keep anything together?

Hudson's Bay shares spike on takeover bid
Last Updated Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:30:55 EDT
CBC News
Shares of Hudson Bay Co. soared more than 20 per cent Friday after South Carolina investor Jerry Zucker announced a billion-dollar takeover offer for Canada's oldest company.

Read more here.

I don't want to read more. I don't need to read more.
I hate it.

Get over it before I slap you with my rolled up American Flag.

SuperHubby

Sad Sad sad, Americans dont rock for taking money and pride away from anyone. When will you figure it out!? This isn't "America" either, it's a fat billionairre! Greed :(

Post a Comment