« Home | What I need » | Christmas light discrimination » | Beautiful Boy » | For the love of women » | (Sigh).... » | Filling some blog space while I'm busy » | She's all grows up » | Other side of Sunday » | My life in concert » | The little ballerina »

Make yourself heard

So Canada is having another federal election. I love politics, and Hubs and I volunteer for our local riding during election season. So it's exciting times for us.

Hub's mom loves politics too. She's a Conservative, and agrees with us that Stephen Harper is just the wrong person to lead the party. She also thinks that the anti-gay marriage issue is costing the Conservatives their chance to actually get elected, and they should either drop the issue or change the policy (I vote for the latter, but I digress...)

She called the other day and she and Hubby had a discussion about it, and I guess it was really bothering her. So she called up someone locally (in Halifax) and had a good half-hour discussion about how she felt the Conservative party was messing up it's chances for election. Who did she call?



Peter McKay, former Tory party leader, current MP. My 4'11" mother-in-law, who raised four children as a stay-at-home mom in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, spent half an hour airing her concerns with Mr. McKay, who, she said, was very nice, and they had a great conversation.

This is the political process, folks. I love it. Get involved and be heard!

That's awesome. I just wrote Paul Forseth a letter along the same lines and I think it might be just abrasive enough to warrant a response.

I was so stoked to hear that the election was called for January 23. I thought for sure it would happen while I was in France and while, I could advance poll, I was afraid I'd miss the chance to watch the results as they came in that night.

I love it! I love it all! And all the campaigning this Christmas will just make my holidays that much sweeter. Although, if I have to see that skanky Stronach's face one more time.... (Let your MIL know to tell Pete that I apologize for mentioning that bitch in a post that was initially about him.)

Gotta love the dumpee...you always feel for them. (Go, Peter!) Anyway, I was watching the parlaiment vote when the government was dissolved, and they were reporting outside in Ottawa and talking to a bunch of people on the street about how they were going to be too busy with Christmas to bother keeping track of the campaigns over the holidays. Hello people!!! This is kinda important!! I was so steamed. People in not-so-fortunate countries would give limbs if they could vote for their leaders...and our people are too self-absorbed to notice. They don't want to let something like deciding our national leaders get in the way of a turkey dinner and some sing-alongs with their relatives. Gosh, that is so disgracefull!!!!

Anyway, enough ranting... I loved this post about your mother-in-law. I can totally see her doing that!

Post a Comment