« Home | Yucky birth radio ad » | Princess Me » | Sucks to be me » | When are their 15 minutes of fame over? » | Belinda Stronach needs a good slap » | The Dumbest Song that I Just Can't Help But Love » | I'd like to teach the world to sing... » | Tom Cruise is an ass »

The Rise and Fall of "Boo-yah!"



We were driving downtown the other day and were listening to a CD I made, which included Cypress Hill's "Latin Lingo". And of course there was a little background of someone calling out "Boo-yah!" in it, to which Hubby laughed and said, "Remember when that was a cool word?"

Indeed I do. Those were the days - when you were feeling particularly excited or happy, you could just let loose and yell, "Boo-yah!" I can't say I ever said it though - I felt too stupid. It was funny, or sort of cool when someone of reputable street cred said it, but I don't think anyone ever envied me for my street cred, so what do I know about "Boo-yah?!" I can't say I ever thought it was a cool thing to say.

But what happened to "Boo-yah?" Now you are a lame-ass if you get excited about something and yell out "Boo-yah!" People would just look at you like you were some kind of idiot. Hubby still says it from time to time, but if you knew him... well, you'd get my point.

I'm going to start a list of songs that have a "Boo-yah" somewhere in it. "Latin Lingo" is #1. (Readers, feel free to add your own!)

I love this post. I really don't have much to say about it, or to add, but I think it's great. Probably my favorite so far.

I don't know if there is another word that has experienced a higher high, only to end up at the lowest low. It's sort of like Corey Haim. Oops, that's another post coming up...

You may not have yelled "boo-yah", but it definately was YOU who yelled "raise the roof!" as our baby sister got graduated!!

Post a Comment