« Home | Princess Me » | Sucks to be me » | When are their 15 minutes of fame over? » | Belinda Stronach needs a good slap » | The Dumbest Song that I Just Can't Help But Love » | I'd like to teach the world to sing... » | Tom Cruise is an ass »

Yucky birth radio ad

There's this radio ad out right now that just makes me gag. It starts out with some dude coaching someone through giving birth, saying "Okay, you're doing great, keep going, stay with it..." that kind of stuff. Then you hear some quacking and realize it's a DUCK that's giving birth. That's dumb enough. Then the duck starts quacking and the guy's voice is getting more urgent, and you hear this horrendous, stretching sound, like stretching rubber, and then a pop, and the guy says in an almost repulsed voice, "Wow, that thing is huge," and the duck gives some pathetic duck quack.

I know that no one really thinks this radio ad is accurate, I mean it's a duck for god's sake, but the rubbery stretching and the popping sounds are almost insulting. Like, excuse me, that is NOT the sound my body made when I gave birth, thank you very much! Did a guy write this? Is this how people poke fun at giving birth? I just get so grossed out listening to those freakish sounds everytime this damn radio ad comes on, and I can't even remember who it's advertising for (something about huge egg breakfast sandwiches - I think it might be McDonald's, what a surprise.)

I know this is probably a dumb thing to complain about, but come on. I'm so sick of hearing this guy coach a damn duck through giving life to a breakfast sandwich ingredient, and those horrid sound effects - ugh. I don't know if I can ever eat another Egg McMuffin again. And that's a bad thing.

Damn you, McDonald's.


Editing to add - oh yeah, and McDonald's doesn't even use real eggs in their Egg McMuffins, so screw them!

Editing again - (sigh) okay, it's a chicken. Dammit, I really did think it was a duck, and even though I was wrong, you have to admit that commercial has a pretty poor-ass chicken impersonation. It sounds a LOT like a duck. And apparently it's Burger King. Well, I never eat there anyway, and I don't need to fill myself with their "huge" egg/breakfast sandwiches, so who cares anyway. Their pathetic marketing ploy isn't going to get me to eat their fake egg product! I just want them to stop running that stupid ad!

Get it together, sister!

*First, it's a chicken. Ducks say 'quack.'
*Second, the ad's for Burger King. Don't worry, your precious Egg McMuffin's are safe.

OMG I love that ad. I've been telling everyone about it, it just makes me laugh out loud.

I'm totally outing Piera on that last comment. She loves that Burger King ad! Ha, ha. Maybe now she can be your Newman!

Piera!!! Called out! And you've dropped a notch on my list of people who like cool radio ads.

Post a Comment