« Home

Tom Cruise is an ass

Here's my review of Tom Cruise: I've decided, after having been a fan of Tom Cruise through the 80's and most of the 90's, that I don't like him anymore. Anyway, not like any of this really affects my life, but he just doesn't do it for me like he used to. He just seems a little too full of himself, he's lost that fun boyishness he once had that was so cute.

And here's a little dirty secret about me - I think he's a terrible actor! I know he's always talked about as being one of the best actors of our time and gets Oscar nominations and all that garbage, but I just don't feel anything from him when I see his movies. He used to be fun and more authentic, but that was also in the 80's when he was still "fun-Tom-Cruise" not "lame-full-of-himself-Tom-Cruise." Now I think he just sucks.

I heard he was on Oprah last week (I didn't see it) but the word was that he was acting like a giddy little schoolboy, and when Katie Holmes came out, he was jumping on Oprah's couch, for god's sake. Weird. Then, apparently he slammed Brooke Shields for taking anti-depressant drugs for post-partum depression, because apparently as a Scientologist he doesn't believe in taking drugs for any reason. According to what I've read, he claims it could have been helped with vitamins. Where he gets off judging her for that is a little lost on me, but whatever.

At what point do you become a "name" and no matter what you do, no one questions it, because you are "the name?" You can be a complete ass, but everyone still loves you, still raves about you. Hollywood is a bizarre place.

Update: I have seen video of the bizarre interview on Oprah and I think he is even more of an ass than before. Why Oprah didn't tell him to get the hell off her couch and off her show is way beyond me. You can see clips of it at http://gorillamask.net/cruiseoprah.shtml

I always thought I was indifferent to Tom Cruise, that I neither liked or disliked him. Then I saw Vanilla Sky. Okay, what about that guy is supposed to make me believe that he's cool enough to 1. make friends with Jason Lee, 2. ride a snowboard or 3. listen to Radiohead? That was when I discovered I had a secret hate on for old Tommy boy. Since then, I've realized that he had subconsciously entered Keanu Reaves territory in that I avoid his movies like the plague. Sad thing is that Katie Holmes is grossing me out so much, she's heading down that road now too. You know, I really liked that girl...

I never was a Tom fan. My theory on Tom Cruise movies is that some Hollywood bigwigs thought he was hot stuff enough to make $$ for otherwise very boring or stupid movies. Examples: Days of Thunder, Born on the Forth of July, and let's all be honest here...Top Gun is so retarded. I shudder and turn the radio off if "Highway to the Danger Zone" ever comes on...GAG!!

Post a Comment