« Home | Sucks to be me » | When are their 15 minutes of fame over? » | Belinda Stronach needs a good slap » | The Dumbest Song that I Just Can't Help But Love » | I'd like to teach the world to sing... » | Tom Cruise is an ass »

Princess Me

Yesterday my husband accused me of thinking I'm a princess (like it was a bad thing.) I had to go pick up a few groceries. He was telling me to get groceries at Superstore, because it's cheaper, but Superstore is a horrible store that sells even worse groceries. They don't even carry Cracker Barrel cheese! I told him I am not shopping there, because I want to buy food that we will actually want to eat, not leave in the fridge to rot while we choose to eat dirt instead because the produce from Superstore sucks so bad.

Here is the grocery list he wrote - actually, typed - he is the only person I know who types a grocery list (italics mine):

Conditioner
No-name body wash
No-name Cheerios
Cheese (on special)
Pitas
Bread
Mozza cheese
Roasted chicken
Peanut butter

Anyway, he started telling me that I think I'm too good for Superstore (ahem, which I AM,) But you know what, like it or not, there IS a difference between no name brand and "real" (as I like to call it), and I'd rather pay a bit more than get crap for food.

He also said, "I think you really think you are a princess! Well, I have a news flash for you - you aren't!" Well, duh! I know that! And here's a news flash for him- I was a princess - in 1994, when we first met. (I have a picture to prove it, but I can't get pictures to post on this blog right now. Once I get it working, I'll get this place fixed up.)

Oh, and for those of you who want to know why I don't just make him do the grocery shopping, I'll tell you why - because if he does it, I end up with a cupboard full of snacks. If I wanted potato chips, popcorn, chicken nuggets, bags of nuts and seeds from the bulk department, and a huge-ass jug of organic (!) apple juice, then I'd tell him to go to town. We could have snacks for days, but there is nothing to freakin' cook! I have not known this guy to cook a meal in the 10 years I've known him, unless you count his ground beef and rice with soy sauce combination, (which I don't, and it makes me want to vomit even thinking about it,) but that's a whole other blog post. The kids and I are alive today because I do the cooking and the grocery shopping.

Who's the princess now?!

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Princess? I'm looking for a princess.

Beef and rice with soy sauce sounds outstanding. I'd like to add it to the repertoire. Can I have the recipe please?

Oh my god - "Valet?!" Is that really you?! How did you find me? I knew it was meant to be!

Post a Comment